Monday, August 6, 2012

Hello everyone!

This week has been another week in rainy, beautiful England!  I hope that all is well in the land of the free and the home of the Brave! I keep hearing rumors about how we are number 2 in the Olympics....SWEET!!!

Ok.  So.  Yeah.  This week has been good.  Sister Allred is headed home, she actually left Paigntion yesterday, and last night I had a dream about her.  I miss her so much already.  We just have so many good times that we've shared together, it literally has been so great, and I have been so fortunate to have her.  My "father"  is equally great, and I told him that he can't leave, I can't go completely parentless in one week, so hopefully the Lord agrees and he won't get transferred.  I really have been so blessed out here with great missionaries who lead and guide me.  They keep telling me that they look up to me (not sure how since I'm so short....but....).  But it really has been such a blessing.

Derek is doing good.  Parveen is still angelic.  We're working with a lot of Less actives, and hopefully my new companion and I will be able to start off new and fresh and work our bums off to get people back to church.  It's been good, and I've learned so much just within the last week.  I need to work so much harder to become the person that the Lord needs me to become.  I'll be honest, I am nervous and scared for this next week, or this next moves. I don't feel ready to be "accountable" yet. I guess I've kinda been hiding behind Sister Allred a little. But I'm also excited, hopefully I'll be more in tune with the Spirit, since I can't remember anything anyway!

Life has been good here, and the sun has been out a little bit.  We've seen a few miracles this week with people coming back to church and really just opening up to us.  We watched the Joseph Smith film with an investigator this week, and it made me realize how great the prophet Joseph Smith really was!  He really was such a great and humble man!  That's one thing I need to work on...my pride!  It's so ridiculous the things I can be proud about!  But....all we can do is try to be better day by day....so....today is the day! :)


Life is good, and I've recognized how truly blessed I've been with family and friends specifically this past week.  Thanks for all the love and support you all give me, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for all of you and the great examples you've set!  The gospel is great and the Lord lives!  Thanks and lots of love!

Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment