Monday, May 21, 2012

Alright...I've only got a few minutes and so much to tell you all!



I finally made it to England, and what a beautiful land it is!  so I arrived on Wednesday and man was I jet-lagged (not sure if I used that correctly or not) but I was so stinking tired!  It was really awesome though because I got there later then everyone else, because they had all come down from Preston the day before, so Sister Shamo let us go and take a nap...yeah...Jessie, I still have taken a few naps on my mission!!!! haha


We got to go to the temple on Thursday, and then we got all our things together and left.  My companion is Sister Allred and she is from Lehi.  She is really awesome and has been really patient with me (but then again all people that are around me have to be :) ) So we have gotten along really pretty well, she has such a bubbly attitude and loves being a missionary, it's contagious, so that's really good!  We are in an area called Paignton, which on the coast.  I live about a five minute walk to the shorefront, and it's super pretty and the people are nice.  The sun is out today too, so that's awesome!  It's actually only rained twice since I've gotten here...but it is a little bit cooler with the breeze coming in off the coast. 


Hmm...I had so many things to tell everyone! ha ha...


So...as we were walking to the Library today and we were handing out (when I say we...I mean mostly Sis Allred) pass-along cards for free hand outs and right before coming in the Library she handed one to this guy...and he totally was interested!  It was great, his name is Erik (go figure....and yes, it is spelt the same way as yours) and he was homeless for a while, and says that he actually just came from the library where he was reading books about religion.  We have a return appointment tomorrow to teach him...so it will be my first official lesson in England, which is pretty cool. 


Ok...so...the ward here is really great. We spent most of Saturday serving them...aka doing dishes for a wedding that was going on, but it was a great way to make a statement right off and to get to know the different ward members.  I think they said that there are about 50 people that are active in the ward...so it's pretty small, but they are all awesome, and I'm pretty sure they are all converts, it's been really cool to meet them and hear their stories.  It makes me appreciate so much more the things that we have in America and especially at school/Idaho/Utah.  But we got called up yesterday to share our testimonies and I didn't know they were calling us up...so I was super surprised when they said my name in the announcments.  I got up and said that it had scared the crap out of me....hahaha...yeah...you don't say crap here...it's like saying the 's' word at home, and yeah...I swore while giving my testimony at church yesterday.  But to be fair, I had NO idea!  but it was pretty funny and one of the councilors (the only one that is here, because the other two are away on a cruise or something...) gave me a hard time.  So my first or second impression was pretty ridiculous!


Ok...last story really quick.  We talked to this born again guy and gave him a book of mormon.  That book is the most powerful book on this earth!  He was quoting a bunch of scriptures, and so we started asking him questions and reading from the Book of Mormon...and he kept changing his story, and I'm not a hundred percent sure that he will read it, but it definately got him thinking, especially because we agreed with everything that he said from the bible....it was too great! 


Alright, well, sorry this is so long, to whoever reads it, but I love you all and I hope that all continues well!  Remember the Lord is there for you and loves you!



Love, Sister Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment