Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hello Family, ( I know that I'm sending this out to some who quote unquote aren't family...but really you are!)


Alright, so instead of addressing everyone I think I'm going to just start writing these like I'm writing home, so sorry :)


Life has been good. It has been beautiful and sunny the last few days, I even got a little bit of a sun burn...aka sun kissed! ha ha. It's been beautiful and hot! We have been setting up a lot of appointments with less actives, and we have met a few who are really sweet, and it's going to be great to know them more. We have a couple of appointments set up with people who seem to be interested in the church, which is great. It's been great to get to know the ward members a little bit more as well, because the majority of them are converts and so they know what it's like to be in that sort of situation, especially without the gospel. All in all it's been a really good week!

I finally finished the Book of Mormon again, and it was so great! My companion was sick the other morning so I got about an extra hour of study in and so I was able to finish it, and honestly...I felt so impowered when I finished that I thought about getting down on my knees to pray about it, when I thought of Sister Thompson during one of her talks, that she had read it again, but she finished it and she could feel the spirit testifying throughout the entire thing. The spirit was so strong when I finished it that I thought...I already know and can feel that it is true! I love the Book of Mormon, it truly is empowering, and I can't wait to see it change someones life! That means that I've started it again, and I'm reading it in themes now, which is good, I love it actually.

Well, I really don't have much time, I am getting used to being here, and more used to the routine. It is getting easier, and harder, because there are so many people out there who don't even care if there is a God. It breaks my heart daily to see people reject someone who loves them so much, and who has suffered so much for them, but we all have our free agency, don't we?!


Dad, and grandma (tell grams because I don't have her email yet) I got a letter from both of you on Friday...so it only took about five days to get here, which was a lot faster then I thought it was going to be! But it was so good to get them!


Remember that the Lord loves you all so much more than you know, and he wants you to succeed and for your dreams to come true! I love you tons and hope all is going well at home!

Love you!
Sister Kaitie-Lynn Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment