Monday, April 23, 2012

Ok...Wow. Well...Hello Everyone! here I am in Ohio with two of the best Sisters in the mission field. They have been so patient and loving towards me and I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord. They truly are great! It's amazing how much I missed every day of my life before, because He really is everywhere and I am so grateful to be a little bit more in tune with it now!

So! I am in Ohio! Who knew I'd ever come to Ohio :) I am in an area called Powell, and it's do different from Utah. Number one, it's way green here, which I love! Number two, there is like...one church within a 30 mile radius, instead of 12. It really was crazy when I found out yesterday that there was only one church in our area...and ours is a smaller area for only one church.

My companions are amazing. Sister Blackham and Sister Kimball. They really have been patient with me, and were amazing to let me sleep when I got off the plane. I was so exhausted, so it was good to get an extra couple hours of sleep.

Obviously the flight went well, and I met this awesome returned missionary who sent a picture to mom. He even offered to let me use is phone to call home again after our first flight. I told him that I probably shouldn't, and it would just be harder the second time...plus...we literally got off our one flight and walked to the second one and just made it in time. It was good, and he said he'd call mom later, just to tell her that I was fine, and to get my information so that he could send me a letter while I was out. It was good to see a "familiar" face....because really...I was living in the ultimate mormon bubble, and so...it was just different being out into the world :)


Hmm...We have two investigators...both of which I helped find! It is awesome! This one guy that we are teaching is so ready for the gospel and is searching for the truth! It really was so great to just talk to him and learn more about him. I feel like my capacity to love others is growing so much as well. It's weird to simply just love people without really knowing them.

The ward is awesome, and it seems like everyone I've met has ties in Idaho and Utah...so that's been kinda cool. They have all been really nice to me, which is good. I also got to attend a baptism on my first day! Who knew?! haha, but it was just a member of the wards son, but it was great. It was the Knight family, and they really are so awesome!


Things have been really good, and I am really glad to be here. I am still excited to go to England, but I'll get there when the Lord wants me there! I just have to continue to learn and try to be a great missionary. One step at a time! My companions have really helped me out so much as well, so that's been great...because I still have so much to learn about everything!

So...we went to the zoo today! That was great! I guess Colombus has the biggest zoo in the nation, so it's kinda cool that I can say I've been now...


Well, here is my address here in Ohio, for anyone that wants to write. I don't know how long I'll be here, but if I don't get it here then they should forward it to me in England, when I get there.

Sister Kaitlyn Nelson
3366 Bear Pointe Circle
Powell, OH 43065

I love you all! Keep me in your prayers!

Love, Sister Nelson

P.S. Anne and Steve. I finally got my answer! I CAN have both!!!! Thanks for all the love, patience and listening ear! You're great!

No comments:

Post a Comment