Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Day! Hola everyone! How is the going? I hope well, and I hope that Easter was amazing for everyone! It's been good to hear from you (you know who you are) and really uplifting to me. Your letters give me power and strength that is sometimes hard to find from anyone but those that know and love you! So...Easter was Great! President Boyd K. Packer came to speak to us. He is such a great man! Well, they all are, but he spoke about a power that we have when we are missionaries, and one thing that he said that really really struck me was that fear and concern are different things, and we need to replace our fear with faith. I don't know, it hit me hard just because I had been kind of worrying about it...and I know I shouldn't have been, but I'm a worrier. Then that night, before anyone left in our district, the Elders gave us priesthood blessings, and Elder Swain (who was the one I asked to give me a blessing) promised me that I didn't need to be afraid! It was so amazing to see how the Lord really does listen, because I hadn't been praying about it or anything, but he is so aware of silly little me! Which means that he is aware of you too! Hmm...Easter wasn't that different from the other Sunday's here, other than that, and we all had Sacrament Meeting together, which was cool. It was also fast and testimony meeting, which we met with our zone group (a group of about 30 people or so) and did that. It was awesome to hear testimonies of other awesome missionaries who I admire and look up to. Speaking of which....there are two Elders from Sweden, not sure where, but Pat served there and I told the one his name (Elder Davis) and he said it sounded super familiar. I am probably going to slaughter his name, but it's Kariaa. It would be really cool if he knew him. Brynne Burwell is also here (one of my great friends) and I haven't seen her yet, but I know where her room is and know that she has checked in...so yes...I'm totally being stalkerish and I'm going to go and find her tonight :) But other than that....life has been good. Another sister came yesterday, Sister Barber, and guess what!? She just literally came from serving in my mission. It was great to talk to her a little bit about it. Then I ran into another sister who is from England, and she told me that the peole are sarcastic and blunt...so hopefully I won't get scared away :) Well, sorry this is another short letter, but it's been a good week, and I'm getting excited to go to England! I pray for you all and hope that all is well! Love, Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment