Monday, July 9, 2012

Hello to everyone! 


Ok...drum roll for the most exciting news of the week!  DEREK GOT BAPTIZED!!!!  It's offical.  I've had a baptism.  I wish that you all could have been there!  He's come so far and it's been great to see him change and I seriously love this man so much!  He's so great!  I was talking to Sister Allred last night about how I'll still be here in a year...and you know what that means?!  That when (because he totally will!) he goes to the temple, hopefully I'll be around and be able to go with him!  I would love that so much.  Isn't the gospel the best thing ever! 


Parveen, our other investigator will be getting baptized in a couple of weeks!  She is so sweet, and so soft spoken.  Sometimes I don't know what to say...because I'm not really a soft spoken person...but I absolutely love her to pieces and I am really excited for her to get baptized.


Other than that...life has been really great!  I feel like I'm becoming a better missionary....but at the same time I feel like Satan is doing everything in his power to keep me down, and I will be honest when I say that it's been rough.  I told Sister Allred last night that I feel like I've been handed a newborn babies sock and that I've been told to put it on my foot and pull it up over my head!  Missionary work is STRETCHING! It's so great though, because....well....it is!  It's so worth it to see people like Parveen and Derek feast on the words of Christ.  The Lord truly has blessed me so much since coming out!  It will be great to incorporate the things I learn here into the rest of my life as well! 


I love the gospel so much!  I hope that if any of you are going through a hard time, or even a great time, to turn to our Lord, because He loves us so much and we are His joy.  What a cool promise!  He loves us so much!  I can't even imagine the joy he feels when we succeed and are happy!!!  King Benjamin had it right when he said that we are forever in his debt because He'll just continue to bless us! 


I love you all!  I love England! I love the Gospel!  Thanks for all the love and support! 
Love always!

Sister Nelson






No comments:

Post a Comment