Wednesday, April 4, 2012

HOLA FAMILY and FRIENDS!!!!
I love you all and miss you all. This week has been great! I feel like I'm learning and growing more, and just trying to learn as much as I can. I should be going out in the field...aka England...next week! Crazy, Right? Things have been good, I have learned so much about how you just need to love people and trust in the Lord, He really is behind all of us 200%, if we will let him. I kinda feel like I've been on a mission forever, even though it's only been two weeks, but it will be good to get out into the field. Thanks for the letters and notes! I'm excited to get stuff from the boys in the mail, and I hope to hear from you again this week. I hope that you were all able to go camping, and that you got to listen to conference, because it was awesome! It was good here, just sat in the gym all day :) So I had a dream about interior design last night, with people from my class and one of the Sisters here, Sister Yates, she was in my class and kept bossing me around. I also had a dream that I was at some ward activity, so you can tell the Bishop, Brother Gale and Brother Thorton that I miss them, because I'm having crazy dreams about church activities :) Lets see...what else?! Hmm...Lots of studying....Oh! We had an awesome devotional on Sunday, and Tuesday night, both of which I needed to hear really badly. Sunday it was Vai Sikahema and he spoke just about how we all have one person to touch on our mission, and if we do that we will not fail. It was a lot more in depth, but it was really awesome because he told a story of how him and his companion went into this sporting goods store and the clerk said he'd never seen two guys with the name of "Elders", and then they started teaching him, and what was even cooler is that....some thirty or so years later, His companion was here and so was the guy that they taught and converted. It was such a touching story, and he said something that really stood out to me, that if we help one person, we're really not helping just one person, but it effects so many people. Then the guy that got converted got up and told about how his daughters had gotten married in the temple, and now had children of their own, it was really awesome! Then we had Brother Wickman, who talked to us about sacrafice, and how most of us think that to sacrafice means to give something up...which it kinda does, but ultimately means that we're giving up something good, for something better. Both were really good and answered some prayers for me! If there is anything to get from what I'm saying it is that God does hear and answer prayers! I love it so so much! I'm excited to get to my mission, but it will be sad to see my district go. They are such awesome people, and I can't believe that the boys are 19 years old! They really are so strong, and I look up to them so so much. Again, I know this isn't long, but I'll keep in touch and let you know more next week (if I'm not traveling). Thanks for everything! Keep me in your prayers, because you're in mine! Love, Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment